Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday and progress is sloooow!

Taking time out for myself is supposed to get easier once the kids are back in school. No such thing at my house. JJ had her phone stolen (but they left the $200+ wizz bang 2 wk old calculator!) last week so we were out looking for new mobile phones. Apparently ppl change phones every 18m - 2 yrs!! so 4 years was great going! Anyone have trouble figuring out the maths for their quilts?? Believe me, looking at phones and plans is much, much worse! Sales ppl just tell you what they want you to buy mostly, but they were all very friendly (Grin ).
Liam had camp this week and enjoyed all the outdoor activities, especially abseiling. He can have it. I freeze when looking out windows of tall buidings let alone going over the edge of a ravine. Shudder.

He also tried jumping down 10 steps at a time at school later in the week and surprise!! He bruised his heel and is now hobbling. So no basketball match tomorrow and will they or won't they be in finals??
Quilting progress


I thought I'd show you this wall hanging I made a few years ago. Quite busy but I still love it. It hangs in my work/play room to give me inspiration!
The Ann Smith mystery quilt is progressing. I have been managing about an hour quilting a day or second day sometimes. I have it in columns now which are about to be joined. Then I shall see about borders. That will depend on how much of the focus fabric is left. Keeps the brain active thinking about these things and much better than thinking about bills huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment