Friday, March 5, 2010

Back again at last

Being ill is so not fun...
However I'm on the road to recovery and am able to begin creative work again. YAY
I have been making 2 scenes using fabric and fibres and stitches ie landscapes. Both are works in progress as I am yet to do the stitch part. One I'm quite happy with but the other feels kindergartenish! Oh well if I keep going it may improve. What do you do to improve a piece that is just not quite.....?
Here is a picture of Governmet House in Victoria, Australia. It is only open to the public once per year on Australia Day which is January 26th. Our family had a picnic planned for the Royal Botanic Gardens next door, and when we saw that it was open we decided to take a look. The queue was so long to tour through the ground floor that we skipped that (Kids 4 &5 don't like to wait) and walked through the gardens instead. We peeked through an open doorway into the Ballroom, saw the swimming pool, tennis courts and croquet lawn. As we were returning to the Gardens next door, the airforce had the roulettes do a flyover. They rolled and dived and flew around for about 20 minutes. Thankyou pilots for a wonderful show.


Hope to post my landscapes by the end of the weekend. Now I'm off to start a BOM. I thought I would be doing the pieced blocks first but I'm actually going to start the applique centre block instead. I managed to get to the fabric store this week and bought a lovely shade of blue for the background. I'm not fond of cream/white as a backgroung colour. So soft blue it is!
See you soon
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment