Friday, April 30, 2010

Study, study study, sigh!

Way too much reading and writing essays and too little time doing the things which make me feel happy and relaxed (except when I just cut that last piece of fabric crooked and now am 1"short grrrr).
I started on the centre of pieceful quilter's BOM a few weeks ago. Got it all traced onto the fabric and had to leave it. When I came back next day half of it had faded away and now it's all gone! I used the wrong pen thinking it would last. Now I have to start over...in June.
Noticed Judi Laquidara may be doing a mystery come mid-May or June. That could be interesting. Hmmmm!
My 19yo son in Thailand is coming home soon and I have asked him to buy me some good quality Thai silk. He said "What do you think I am Mum, a cheapskate?! Would you trust your son to choose some colours for you? He has never been interested in fabric and never wanted a quilt made for him, but he liked a carpenter's wheel quilt I made following a Dorothy Young pattern a couple of years ago (in oranges and greens and khaki browns- not my colours really). So I'm wondering what he will choose. I guess if I don't like the colours I shall just have to close my eyes as I touch them and I sure will be grateful for his kindness.
Until next time
Happy stitching
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment